All about the Bent Way of Living

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Close Parkers

So much to bitch about - so little time ! Well if there's one group of people I despise - worse than snowshoers or baby-torturers - it's the close parkers. For example you're the only car in a huge parking lot, and they park their vehicle right alongside yours, so close that you can't open your door all the way. WTF! Most recently this happened when I went skiing one morning. I was the only car in the entire parking lot. When I came back after my ski, there was another car parked right beside me, with still no-one else in the lot that can hold a hundred cars or so. Well I did pick the closest spot to the trail, so perhaps the other person was taking the second-closest spot. Fair enough. A few days later, again I show up early and no one else is there. This time I don't take the closest spot, but park about 10 spots further away. When I return an hour or so later, again a car is parked right beside me ! (Different car than last time). And as I'm putting my gear away, the owner of the car shows up. Here we are in the middle of a huge empty parking lot, getting in each other's way as we access our vehicles. And it is so UNNECESSARY! I don't even talk to the guy, but feel like asking him ''WTF did you park so close ?! Give me some space". But I say nothing, since don't want to come off as an anal territorial freak, which of course I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

you got issues man.

8:33 AM

 
Blogger Jon said...

Marc - in some ways you've changed a lot, care for your son and daugther and in some ways I can imagine myself standing next to you hearing you share your dismay with this car parker... I understnad but .. have chosen to never waste my time wondering about these kinds of people..

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home