All about the Bent Way of Living

Monday, October 16, 2006

Idiot Cell Phone User Moment #3

I'm riding my bike in the bike lane, heading towards a 4-way stop (yes all the fun stuff seems to happen on the bike). The road splits into 2 lanes before the stop, and I need to get into the left one to continue going straight. I check behind me - only 1 car about 100 feet behind, and cross left over the right-turn lane to the central lane. As I'm about to go forward through the intersection, the car which was behind me, and is turning right, yells out his window something like "Hey asshole! Why don't you signal before you cut me off!". Hmm, somehow I have deeply offended this jerk. I just stare at him as he peels off around the corner, and then I notice he's got a cell-phone stuck to his right ear ! Gee I am so sorry I was the cause of an interruption to your important conversation. Your driving habits are exemplary! Next time I encounter you I will be sure to get your plate number and contact the police so you can receive your 'Best Driver' award. Oh, I might also mention something about erratic drunken driving behaviour - just kidding - not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home