All about the Bent Way of Living

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Sobering Count

Today was 'Bike to Work' day for me - I'm trying to bike one day a week - if everybody did that, then 20% less cars on the road, etc. Of course I should bike to work more often - it takes less than 15 minutes, while driving takes about 10. But seeing as how I often carry my bike in the car so I can do a workout at lunch, and want to save energy by avoiding the bike commute... well I just drive usually.

Anyways I notice that I don't see many other bike commuters, and the roads are packed with commuting cars. So I decided to do a count on the way home, and the results were : 189 cars, 4 bikes. Hmm, seems we should be able to do a lot better than that. I must start a campaign. Bike to work, polluting assholes ! You lazy pot-bellied, cell-phone yacking, bike cut-offing, smelly, ugly, combustion-engine dependent turds ! And stop driving your effing kids to school. Every morning there's a freaking traffic jam at every school road entrance thingy, as giant gas-schmucking SUV's are used to transport kids 1.7 miles to school when they could easily walk or bike. And what the f*ck are you teaching your kids anyways, set an example, c'mon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you talking to me?

4:42 PM

 
Blogger Bad Design said...

Um well, I guess your kids are too young to bike to school ?

9:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home