All about the Bent Way of Living

Monday, April 17, 2006

Book Report : Life Without Anger

I'm not big on self-help books, but I picked this one up during Christmas shopping (last year:). Hmm, I have anger sometimes, so do other people in my immediate family. It's normal, but hey let's check it out. Finally got around to reading it, and there's a lot of good stuff in there. The basic premise is that anger is usually a conditioned response to events - it's programmed into our brain based on past experience and our view of the world. But it can be 'de-programmed' if you start to think about it. Anger is not the only response, why not laughter, or thoughtfulness or something else ? The tone of the author is somewhat annoying, but like I said many good points. Now I have to read through it again to find them, since I didn't have a highliter at the time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meredith said...

not what? angry?

11:00 PM

 
Blogger L&D said...

Poor Marc. You have been put on the back boiler haven't you? I like your comment on Jennifer's blog. That was a good laugh. Feeling neglected much? Feel free to release your stress the way I do. Just read my blog and you'll know what I mean.

11:33 PM

 
Blogger Bad Design said...

More like "I'm not having much time to blog". So I just start the posts, hoping to finish them one day. Back boiler, neglected, my comment ? Hmm, I don't recall any of that, is someone pretending to be me ? But yes Jennifer has a bad case of Blogitis - I may have to fake a computer problem...

2:41 PM

 
Blogger L&D said...

And blogitis is contagious. Just be warned.

7:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home