All about the Bent Way of Living

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A day in the life

Every now and then, I read random blogs, and quickly get bored out of my mind at the insignificant minutae that is reported concerning that person's life. Like pages and pages about how their cat Friskers likes to eat carrots, but won't go near parsnips. Or even worse, depressing diatribes about failures and regrets in life. And much, much worse, bad poetry philosophising about all of the above. So not to be outdone, here is a day [today] in my life :

5:22 am : Wake up. Think about getting out of bed sometime soon. I plan on going skiiing before work. Should get up before 6 am. Hmm, try to sleep more. Nope, have to pee.
5:30 am : Get out of bed. Fart and scratch balls. Pick at syphalis scabs [wait, I didn't write that, it was the little green devil sitting on my shoulder!]. Some of you may decide to stop reading at this point - that is fine.
5:35 am : Drink orange juice, pop multi-vitamin. Pee.
5:40 am : Turn on computer
5:45 am : Start making lunch
5:50 am : Go back to computer and log on, then continue making lunch
6:00 am : Hear annoying neighbour start up his diesel rig (annoying since it wakes me up, as I am usually sleeping at 6 am). Wonder why he needs to keep it idling loudly for 10 minutes - maybe he's getting a goodbye blowjob from his chihauhau.
6:05 am : Put cereal in bowl. These brown sugar and maple MiniWheats are too intense. Add milk and eat cereal.
6:10 am : Check weather and snow report on computer. All systems go.
6:15 am : Brush teeth, get dressed.
6:25 am : Load car with skis and stuff. Start car, rev engine loudly, and blast horn a few times.
6:30 am : Drive away at high speed.
6:50 am : Arrive at snow park, put on skis.
6:55 am : Start down trail, and ski for 2 1/2 hours. Smile and nod at the odd skier, who look afraid that I either want to chat with them or kill them.
9:35 am : Back at car. Pack up and drive to work at high speed.
9:55 am : Arrive at work. 5 minutes early ! Wait, no that's 25 minutes late.
10:05 am : Get coffee. Aaaargh I can't take it anymore - I think I will jab this parsnip into my eye and bleed all over my desk !

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

..what?!...you can't just leave us hangin'...

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Meredith said...

When you regain your sight and start blogging again, I think you should go back to writing about retarded snowshoers, or retarded skiers, or what happens after 10:05 on days when you don't jab your eye out.

5:53 PM

 
Blogger L&D said...

I'll agree with you that most people's blogs are boring and unimaginative. The only thing we as bloggers can do is be different if you so choose. I for one, have chosen to not be the same old, "I got up and took my kids to daycare, and then worked, and then made dinner"...blah blah blah as everyone else. There are a few out there who are fun and interesting to read about. I guess it's all in how you present your 'happenings.' But I think you already knew that.
PS. This is my official introduction....so nice to read you. I love your wife to bits. Don't worry, I'm not a stalker.

10:24 PM

 
Blogger Bad Design said...

Hi Darla, good to meet you. I'm not too much of an OC blogger writer or reader. It sure is a nice place to complain about stuff though ! Have to remember to mix in some praise too.

9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home