All about the Bent Way of Living

Friday, February 20, 2009

Elevator Dream

The Elevator descends lazily, the interior filled with diffuse white light and the background thrum of servos. It stops at every floor, passengers drifting back and forth through the opening, to the accompaniment of informational chimes. I wait patiently for the indicator to hit L. Suddenly a change in speed, and we are dropping too fast. Indicator is off the charts, and we are plunging to impossible depths, speed increasing all the time. Impact is imminent. I look over at the only other passenger, his face a frozen mask of terror. "We're dead" I say, in a deadpan voice devoid of emotion, and brace for impact. Each microsecond is an eternity, but still we plummet downwards at an ever accelerating pace. A faint voice breaks through my consciousness and profers the idea that perhaps this is just a dream. An unlikely scenario I think, and I continue to suffer the excrutiating wait for Death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home