All about the Bent Way of Living

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Postholen

I had just begun my prance in the woods this morning on my cross-country skis, enjoying the scattering of new snow (but not so much the crust beneath it), when I suddenly came upon a most terrible sight ! The area in front of me was infested with what looked like large gopher holes. As I stared aghast at the pock-marked terrain, with gaping mouth and bulging eyes, I tried to imagine what manner of creature had created these ubiquitous festering post-holes.

Slowly comprehension dawned on me. Yes, I had not thought it possible, but this was a careless beast which was even more foul than the loathesome Snowshoer ! This, my friends, was the most abonimable of terrors : The Snowshoer Who Has Forgotten His Snowshoes ! In possession of even a more limited intelligence than the ordinary Snowshoer, this brute leaves a path of destruction that assaults the senses and renders ski trails virtually unusable.

As I negotiated with great difficulty through the fractured terrain, pondering my options, I began to feel the dark-red cloak of controlled rage descend upon me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Don't let the snowshoerless snowshoers get you down.

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home